God wants Christians to be unified in the Spirit. And to help that to happen, he gave gifts to each believer.
Read Ephesians 4:14-16.
Having these gifted believers to help the church provides some good results: (1) Christians are not easily deceived by false doctrine. Many people are tricked by the false teaching of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, Roman Catholicism, and other false religions. But when you have gifted Christians teaching you the truths of the Bible, it keeps you from being led astray. (2) Christians grow spiritually as teachers lovingly present the truths of the Bible. When teachers love those they are teaching, it helps them to accept the teaching and to become better Christians. (3) Christians work together like united parts of a body. With Jesus Christ as the head, all Christians make up the Body of believers. Each one provides something important to keep the Body working well together. And when each does his part, the Body lovingly builds itself up.
- Do you remember the main reason why God gave these gifts to the church? If not read verse 3 again and then fill in the five letter word. ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- When Christians use their God-given gifts, there are three specific results. What are they?
a. Christians _____________________________________________.
b. Christians _____________________________________________.
c. Christians _____________________________________________.
- Multiple Choice: How should Christians speak when teaching other Christians?
- Jesus is the Head of the Church, but what are you?
- When each part of the Body does his part, what is the end result?